Bruno goes to Dublin

Well, I’m Dario and tonight I’m going to talk ‘bout Irish feelings... Oh my, I do love this place and the most important thing: a student of mine is going to Dublin in order to improve his studies in English. He was approved in a governmental program known as Science without Borders and he’s heading the Dublin City University next July. His name is Francisco Bruno Gomes da Silva.

Dario: How did you know about this governmental program? Bruno: Some colleagues of the same course that travelled abroad before me, we study Industrial Mathematics.
D: You study at UFC, don't you? Will English help you in your course? How?
B: Yes. Yes. Many of the materials available for more advanced subjects are written in English and my trip to Ireland will be really important for me.

D:Wow... It's amazing! Would you mind telling us how the exams on Science without Borders were? What sort of tests did you do?
B: I took a test called TOEFL ITP, you must know about TOEFL, the ITP is one of its modalities concerning the English language. This was the only test I took but there were, of course, other criteria. For instance: analysis of academic performance.

D: And did you have the opportunity to choose your destination? Why Ireland?
B: Yes, I did. I chose Ireland for basically two reasons. First, it's in Europe. Second, its universities accept TOEFL ITP at the time I couldn't afford to TOEFL IBT or IELTS actually, I really wanted to go to United Kingdom, but ITP was not accepted this year.

D: Did you pay anything to do this exam?
B: TOEFL ITP is free. The government takes the cost of this test, but TOEFL IBT and IELTS are not free. To tell you the truth, they're too expensive.

D: Okay! Could you leave the CLM students a message of motivation?
B: Of course! First of all, I’d like to say: don't give up on your dreams, no matter how hard it might be for you to achieve it. Difficulties will always appear mainly for those who are not so high financial level in society (my case, for example lol) but we must overcome the obstacles.

D: Thanks buddy, I wish you all the best during your stay in Dublin. Keep in touch and thank you so much for telling me the news and for your belief in our school.
B: You’re welcome *--* I hope it helps to motivate more students to study more English.

Congratulations, Bruno! We are really proud of you.

Postar um comentário

0 Comentários