Present Continuous for future plans

Hello guys, how’s it going? On the post of this week, I’m going to show you how to talk about future using the present continuous. Are you curious? So, keep on reading…

If you want to write or talk about arrangements made for the future you can use the PRESENT CONTINUOUS tense. Present Continuous is used to say that something was already organized, for example; a birthday party, a marriage, a trip. Read some sentences:

Examples: • Next week I’m going to the theatre.
                    • When are you getting married?
                    • She is travelling to Dublin on the weekend.  

Read a dialogue in order to help you understand it better:
A:   Hi, are you doing anything this evening?
B:   Yes, I'm going to the cinema.
A:  What are you going to see?
B:   Pirates of the Caribbean.
A:   What time does it start?
B:    7.30.
A:   What are you doing (are you going to do) after that?
B:    I'm having dinner with Doris. See you later!


An exercise was made by teacher Claudia’s students from semester 5, class K5, regular English about this topic. Her students were asked to write some sentences in order to show if they understood the explanations. Here are some sentences.





I am travelling to the USA. – João Lucas Rodrigues Moura
I’m finding many adventures. – Alicia Rebeca
I’m travelling to many places next week. – Amanda
I’m reading a book and travelling to the beach on Sunday. – Luiza Rodrigues
I’m living in Brazil in 2016. – Diego Alves
I’m travelling to Africa next vacation. – Davi Silva Damasceno
I’m doing basic necessities for human survival. – Levi Silveira

That’s it for today. I hope we have helped you a bit more in your studies. Thanks for your attention.

Teacher Dario

Postar um comentário

0 Comentários