Angelica Lopes - Reporter4aDay

Hello Angelica, it is a pleasure to interview you for the official CLM Blog. My name is Dario Conde and I’m a teacher of English and I’m the Reporter4aDay. I have got 5 questions for you, are you ready?

Do you believe in public education? Why? Of course! I think we have so many points to make better in our public education, but the things come changing with the time. Before, we had difficulties to have access to school materials, to have books in ours classes, mainly for the high school students. Today, I can see that the students have more access to materials, to books, to surf in the internet (because the institutions have computer laboratories now). This is a big step for schools, because we didn’t have decent blackboards. I believe in the public education because I was part of this as a student during all my school life and I think, even with difficulties, I could make good use of my student time. Many times, the teacher that is in the public school is in the private school, too. The main difference is the valorization of the person. The teachers have one of the most important papers in the society and are not treated as such. There are places where everyone go to public school without social or economic differentiation. I hope that one day it happen here too. People complain about public institutions, but also complain of private institutions. Anyway, people complain (Hahaha). Some of them want to see improvements; others only like to live complaining.

Do you think English changed your life? Yes, I think. My English is not fluent yet, but I will get this point soon! Today this language is essential and helps me a lot in personal, academic and professional subjects. Sometimes, I want to find something in the internet, for example, but I don’t find it when I search in Portuguese, so I search in English and WOW! It’s there. I believe that how many languages you learn more things you are able to know. If you compare life to a game, each new language you learn might be a new phase you unblock. Ok, I do not know if the analogy was really cool (laugh).

What are you going to do abroad? Do you remember that I said that English is important to academic life, too? Let me give an example of why. The college where I studied, Fanor DeVry , has a program called DVB International Academic Award, which awards the best students with a trip to California to meet the US DeVry , and several famous companies . The last group met Google, for example. One of the requirements to compete is to have a great level of English. I tried the first edition of the program, about two years ago. Although I fulfilled all the requirements, I did not pass the English test. This year I tried again and I was really nervous and almost giving up, I have passed. I am so glad! I am an Academic Winner! Two lessons that I learned with this: study a lot ​​and never give up.

Why did you choose to study at CLM? Well, I had heard about Culture Houses and CLEC were renowned and accessible language courses. But to study in one of these institutions, I would need to move me constantly to a place far away, in other city. CLM was a chance that I needed to study in a good school of language, close to where I live and without paying anything. This kind of school to our city is an important step in the education development of Maracanaú.
 
Please, say something to motivate the new students of languages. Hey, guys. All right? People say that if advice was good, would not be given, but sold. For your luck ( :D ), I am a cool person ( :D :D ) so pay attention in my advice for you: Study! Seek learning new things and especially new languages. You have a good Language Center that is paid with your taxes. Enjoy it! If you lose the opportunity to learn now, you may miss opportunities really greater in the future.
 
Thank you so much and I hope you come back to CLM in order to visit us. It’ll be such a nice pleasure.
  

Postar um comentário

17 Comentários

  1. Now i will visita this blog everyday

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Angelica, you're right, we have to study a lot and never give up. Thank you for your advices. Congratulations :D
    -Andressa Vieira J7

    ResponderExcluir
  3. For me, this is so inspiring because you showed us that is possible to achieve our goals no matter if is private or public school it really depends of our motivation. Congratulations Angelica I'm happy for you.
    Ana Katarina J7

    ResponderExcluir
  4. Thank you, Dário, and congratulations for the work with this blog. XOXO.

    ResponderExcluir
  5. Angelica is true, the CLM is very important for the education development of Maracanaú. Thanks for the advice.
    Wyllane - J7

    ResponderExcluir
  6. Congratulations Angelica
    I agree with you.
    dailon maciel J7

    ResponderExcluir
  7. You have a great future in your life, and i confirm with you, the education it's so important to your life sociable and professional, very good...have luck ;)

    ResponderExcluir
  8. Angelica e verdade nos temos que aproveitar nossas oportunidades, adorei o conselho.obrigado Luciana oliveira 7J

    ResponderExcluir
  9. I was very happy with the testimony of Angelica, as she also desire to have an opportunity to study outside the country. It serves as inspiration, Congratulations Angelica.
    Luciane de Sousa, J7

    ResponderExcluir
  10. Angelica congratulations , you're a very friendly person. Your interview can serve as an example for us never give up our dreams and always believe in ourselves.
    Taynara Gadelha - J7

    ResponderExcluir
  11. Very interesting , we have to strive to succeed in our goals!!!
    Karytia Nayara J/7

    ResponderExcluir
  12. Very cool, a great incentive to students who want to study in another country. Gislania Meneses - J/7

    ResponderExcluir
  13. Angelica is a big influence for us, it is proof that a public school does have its values, after all, who does the school is good or not us, I believe that just as her I'll get there one day want meet other countries and cultures and I know the CLM is a big step to get
    -Thais Estefany J/7

    ResponderExcluir
  14. A great interview, have a good luck in your life
    -Paulo Henrique K/4

    ResponderExcluir
  15. Contrats... We are really pround of you.
    Gabi Rodrigues :)

    ResponderExcluir
  16. Contrats. . . We are really pround of you.

    ResponderExcluir